Do you have any missing teeth? It is estimated that around 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth, so if your smile is incomplete, you’re not alone. Missing teeth can cause health issues, but they can also decrease your confidence and self-esteem. Thankfully, there are multiple options to make your smile beautifully whole again. Keep reading to discover how you can benefit from dentures and dental implants in Grants Pass.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a removeable dental appliance that replaces missing teeth to help restore the function and appearance of your smile. The prosthesis is composed of a plastic or metal plate, where a set of false teeth are attached. Dentures are created with a shape, size, and color that mimics your natural smile to give you a good looking and feeling grin.
Dentures in Grants Pass are a widely popular tooth replacement choice because they can restore your smile with the following benefits:
- Restores the function of your teeth: Dentures are made to work like regular teeth, so you can bite, chew, and speak much better than without your smile.
- Allows you to eat foods you couldn’t: Without teeth, you’re often limited to soft and pureed foods. With dentures, you can bite and chew most of your favorite foods without an issue. Just watch for especially hard or sticky food.
- Improves your speech: Forming words can be hard without teeth. Dentures allow you to speak and pronounce words properly.
- Improves your appearance: Smile once more with a full set of teeth. You’ll automatically look friendlier and healthier.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts that are fused to your jawbone to create sturdy artificial tooth roots. Once it’s fused to the jawbone, it’s ready to be mounted with a false tooth. They can be used to replace one tooth or many teeth.
There are many benefits that dental implants have, but here are some of the most common:
- Natural look and feel: Dental implants are the only tooth replacement that makes false teeth look like they emerge from the gums like your original teeth.
- Restored confidence: No one will notice that you ever had missing teeth, so you can go about your social and work life with confidence.
- Better Speech: Dentures can sometimes slip when speaking, while dental implants are fixed for better speech.
- Easier eating: Enjoy all of your favorite foods with implants. They look, feel, and function like natural teeth, so dig into your favorites.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants themselves can last for a lifetime, making them the most permanent replacement solution.
What Are Implant Retained Dentures?
Do you want the best of both worlds? If you’re missing a whole row of teeth, you may consider implant retained dentures. This uses dental implants to anchor and support your denture to keep it comfortable and in place. If you don’t have any teeth in your jaw, but enough bone to support implants, this is the best option for you!
Does it sound like you’d benefit from any of the replacement options above? Talk to your dentist in Grants Pass about which one is best for you!
Meet the Dentist
Dr. Tanner Barratt enjoys providing quality and personalized care to his patients. He takes pride in being able to complete smiles using the solutions that are best for you. He currently practices at Premier Care Dental, and he can be contacted through is website or by phone at (541) 476-4583 for any questions.